Tuesday, July 14, 2009
The below are valid reasons as to why drinking should be allowed at work. If you use them wisely, you may even be able to convince your boss into allowing alcohol.
1. It's an incentive to show up.
2. It reduces stress.
3. It leads to more honest communications.
4. It reduces complaints about low pay.
5. It cuts down on time off because you can work with a hangover.
6. Employees tell management what they think, not what management wants to hear.
7. It helps save on heating costs in the winter.
8. It encourages carpooling.
9. Increases job satisfaction because if you have a bad job you don't care.
10. It eliminates vacations because people would rather come to work.
11. It makes fellow employees look better.
12. It makes the cafeteria food taste better.
13. Bosses are more likely to hand out raises when they are wasted.
14. Salary negotiations are a lot more profitable.
15. If something does something stupid on the job, it will be quickly forgotten.
A drunk orders himself a beer
A man walks into the front door of a bar. He is obviously drunk. he staggers up to the bar, seats himself on a stool, and with a belch, asks the bartender for a drink.
The bartender politely informs the man that it appears that he has already had plenty to drink--he could not be served additional liquor at this bar but could get a cab called for him.
The drunk is briefly surprised then softly scoffs, grumbles, climbs down off the bar stool, and staggers out the front door.
A few minutes later, the same drunk stumbles in the side door of the bar. He wobbles up to the bar and hollers for a drink. The bartender comes over, and still politely--but more firmly refuses service to the man due to his inebriation. Again, the bartender offers to call a cab for him.
The drunk looks at the bartender for a moment angrily, curses, and shows himself out the side door, all the while grumbling and shaking his head.
A few minutes later, the same drunk bursts in through the back door of the bar. He plops himself up on a bar stool, gathers his wits, and belligerently orders a drink.
The bartender comes over and emphatically reminds the man that he is clearly drunk, will be served no drinks, and either a cab or the police will be called immediately.
The surprised drunk looks at the bartender and in hopeless anguish, cries "Man! How many bars do you work at?" Reasons to allow drinking at work Bartender Jokes
An Irishman walks into a bar in Dublin, orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more. The bartender asks him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; it would taste better if you bought one at a time." The Irishman replies, "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is in America, the other in Australia, and I'm here in Dublin. When we all left home, we promised that we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together." The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there.
The Irishman becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: ordering three pints and drinking them in turn. One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the other regulars notice and fall silent. When he comes back to the bar for the second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss." The Irishman looks confused for a moment, then a light dawns in his eye and he laughs. "Oh, no," he says, "Everyone's fine. I've just quit drinking."
Two guys were in a bar, and they were both watching the television when the news came on. It showed a guy on a bridge who was about to jump, obviously suicidal. "I'll bet you $10 he'll jump," said the first guy. "Bet you $10 he won't," said the second guy.
Then, the guy on the television closed his eyes and threw himself off the bridge. The second guy hands the first guy the money.
"I can't take your money," said the first guy. "I cheated you. The same story was on the five o'clock news." "No, no. Take it," said the second guy. "I saw the five o'clock news too. I just didn't think the guy was dumb enough to jump again!"
Facebook Changed their site again. Go to friends then click Phone Book at the left. Everyone of your friends phone numbers is now visible!!!. Do I want them calling me NO! I did the following Go to "Settings" "Acct Settings" "Privacy" "Profile" Click contact info tab and change it.. For those who playing M.War game on fb
Monday, July 13, 2009
Harry Potter actor Rupert Grint had swine flu, but is recovering, according to his spokesman.
Rupert, who plays Ron Weasley, had to take a few days off filming to beat the bug, but soon returned to the set of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.
And he's well enough to attend the world premiere of Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince in London on Tuesday.
"He has now recovered and is looking forward to joining his fellow cast members," his publicist said.
Rupert's illness didn't hold up filming, as the crew simply shot scenes which he wasn't in.The next movie in the series, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince, is released in the UK on 15 July.
Info by: Cbbc News
Friday, July 10, 2009
- B5 is involved in Krebs Cycle of energy production
- also essential in producing, transporting and releasing energy from fats
- B6 is essential for amino acid metabolism
- B1, B2, B3 and biotin participate in different aspects of energy production
When all of these are combined, the following occurs:
- Promoted normal red blood cell formation
- Decrease in stress and improved mood
- Promoted healthy serotonin levels
- Increased energy
- Promoted cardiovascular health
- Promoted healthy levels of homocysteine and supported normal endothelial function
- homocysteine causes nicks and inflammation in arterial walls, folate reduces the level of homocysteine to normal
- Promoted normal cognitive performance
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
FusionExcel’s Quantum Pendant is made from natural minerals that are fused and structurally bonded together at a molecular level. It produces scalar energy that helps to enhance the body’s biofield. The Quantum Pendant promotes positive flow of energy and helps to maintain energy balance. It helps to restore energy that has become weak in the body. By restoring the energy balance in the body this pendant helps one to maintain health and well-being.
Wear it on a chain or carry it in your pocket. The scalar energy from the pendant works outwardly and within the body. Out¬wardly scalar energy enhances the body’s biofield. Inwardly it works to facilitate cell permeability and thereby enhances the many physiological functions of the cells in the body.
- Reduces inflammation
- Promotes unclumping of cells
- Enhances circulation
- Enhances immune and endocrine systems
- Has the ability to destroy viruses and bacteria
- Enhances cellular nutrition and detoxification
- Enhances cellular permeability
- Increases energy
- Helps to protect DNA from damage
- Helps to retard the ageing process
- Helps to fight cancer cells
- Strengthens the body’s biofield preventing
electro-magnetic waves from affecting one’s health
- Increases focus and concentration
I would like to share some infomation to you
Quantum Pendant, Quantum Bracelet and Quantum Watch is a new healty product that giving extra energy to your body.
1 Pendant = Rm 563.00
Buy 3 Free 2 = Rm 1689.00
Buy 4 Free 3 = Rm 2252.00
Any question or need one Email me at:
If you’d like to take advantage of some of the health benefits that regular sexual activity has to offer, yet find that your desire just isn’t what it used to be, there are many natural tips that can help.One of the first ones I recommend -- again because sexual dysfunction can worsen due to stress and anxiety -- is taking control of your emotions by learning the Meridian Tapping Technique (MTT) can really help. MTT is a technique that can help you effectively address your stress-related thoughts and leave you feeling calmer and more able to face your challenges, whatever they may be.
Four other tips to give your libido a big-time boost include:
Your sexual fires may also be fanned simply by eating less sugar. High levels of sugar in your bloodstream can actually
Getting physically active. Studies have shown that men who engaged in regular physical activity lowered their risk of experiencing sexual dysfunction. Remember, when using exercise as a drug, it’s important to vary your routine and include the four types of exercise I describe in this video.
- Optimizing your diet based on your body's unique nutritional type. We each have a unique nutritional type with varying demands for the ratios of macronutrients (fats, proteins and carbohydrates) to function optimally. When you’re eating the foods your body was designed to eat, you’ll notice improvements in every aspect of your health.
Optimizing your vitamin D and insulin levels, as these simple measures have profound influences on every area of your health, including your sex life.
Considering choline and vitamin B5 supplements. The neurotransmitter that triggers the sexual message, in both men and women, is acetylcholine (ACH). With too little ACH, sexual activity goes down. One way to safely and effectively enhance ACH levels in your body is to take choline supplements (1,000-3,000 mg) and vitamin B5 (500-1,500 mg).
After an evening out, Roger was in no shape to drive, so he sensibly left his car parked and walked home. As he was staggering along, he was stopped by a policeman. \'What are you doing out here at three o\'clock in the morning?\' asked the police officer.
\'I\'m on my way to a lecture,\' answered Roger.
\'And who on earth, in their right mind, is going to give a lecture at this time of night?\' enquired the constable sarcastically.
\'My wife,\' slurred Roger grimly.
Your brain and nervous system control your sex glands and genitals, and this is why they also control your sexual desire, as well as orgasms. This is why, for example, visual images trigger sexual desire in both sexes.
Your brain stem also emits nerve impulses that control erectile function. These nerve impulses navigate through the erection center of your spinal column to the erectile tissue of your penis, where they trigger a chain reaction in the membranes of your vascular muscle cells. This sophisticated chain reaction is dependent on a messenger molecule called cyclic guanosine monophosphate, or cGMP.
However, this works in reverse as well; an erection softens as soon as another enzyme called phosphodiesterase starts to degrade the cGMP molecules.
Drugs like Viagra, Levitra and Cialis work by inhibiting phosphodiesterase, which may help maintain your erection. But, these pills will not create an erection in and of themselves. Your initial erection still has to be triggered psychologically. Without that initial impetus, potency pills will have no effect whatsoever.
This is also why these pills are ineffective for many men who take them hoping for a magic jack-in-the-box effect.
As you might suspect, because your sexuality is so intimately tied to your mind, anxiety, defensiveness, fear, and failure of communication are all destructive psychological forces that can take a heavy toll on your libido, whether you’re a man or a woman, by acting as road blocks to desire.
According to Professor Gert Holstege with the University of Groningen in the Nederlands, “Fear and anxiety need to be avoided at all costs if a woman wishes to have an orgasm.”
For example, sex can actually cause you to get fewer colds. Research has shown that couples who have sex weekly have a 30 percent increase in immunoglobulin A, an antibody that fights infection. Sex can also help women have a more predictable period schedule, as a result of being exposed to male pheromones.
In addition, having sex reduces stress -- for physiological as well as emotional reasons. Sex activates a nerve that has a calming effect. Having sex also lowers blood pressure, which reduces the risk of heart disease.
Sex can even reduce LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and increase HDL (“good”) cholesterol!
The article above actually lists nine, yes nine, ways that having sex once a week can benefit your health. They are:
Get fewer colds because of an increase in immunoglobulin A, an antibody that fights infection
Women can get more predictable periods because of exposure to male pheromones
A better physical response to stress
Lower blood pressure, which lowers your risk of heart disease
Lower your bad cholesterol and increase your good cholesterol
Help tone your abs, gluts and pretty much any muscle in your body
Natural increases in estrogen improve the appearance of your hair, skin and nails
Improve your memory because blood flow increases to your brain
Increased feelings of motivation because of the release of endorphins
And this is actually only the tip of the iceberg. Sex has also been found to boost self-esteem and improve intimacy in your relationship. This is because sex and orgasms result in increased levels of the hormone oxytocin -- the “love” hormone -- that helps you feel bonded to your partner.
As oxytocin increases, so do hormones known as endorphins, which in turn lessens feelings of pain related to everything from headaches and arthritis to symptoms of PMS. It can also help you to get a better night’s sleep.
Further, for women, having sex can help strengthen muscles of your pelvic floor (the same ones used to stop urination). As you age, having strong pelvic floor muscles reduces your risk of accidents.
Of course, these benefits are assuming you’re having sex with a mutually monogamous partner -- otherwise you risk catching a sexually transmitted disease.
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
A man is in a bar and falling off his stool every couple of minutes. He is obviously drunk. So the bartender says to another man in the bar: "Why don't you be a good Samaritan and take him home."
The man takes the drunk out the door and to his car and he stumbles at least ten times. They drive along and the drunk points out his house to the man. He stops the car and the drunk stumbles up the steps to his house with the man.
The drunk's wife greets them at the door: "Why thank you for bringing him home for me, but where's his wheel chair?"
In order to be super healthy, have more natural energy, stay well and live a long fruitful life, you have to develop healthy habits. These healthy eating and healthy living tips can guide your way.
1. Eat more nutritious high fiber foods. Healthy eating requires including plenty of colorful vegetables, fresh fruit, whole grains, beans, raw nuts and seeds and other high fiber foods.
2. Reduce and balance your fat intake. Research shows that it’s best to keep fat calories around 25 to 30% of total calories (the national average is 42%). And the vast majority of the fats you eat should be good healthy essential fatty acids and omega 3 with EPA and DHA.
3. Drink plenty of clean water. 8 glasses of pure drinking water a day supplies you with this essential nutrient that helps you digest your food, transport nutrition and get rid of toxins.
4. Exercise regularly and sensibly. Physical activity builds health and keeps bones strong. But daily walking and light weight training is better than strenuous high-impact exercises.
5. Cut out refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index foods are a nutritional nightmare, causing bursts of energy followed by bouts of fatigue. They take your emotions on a roller coaster ride to end up at depression and irritability. Choose a low glycemic diet instead.
6. Limit your salt intake. Consuming too much sodium throws your minerals off balance, causes excess water retention and possibly high blood pressure. You can get used to less.
7. Eliminate negative habits. Give up excess caffeine and other stimulants, reduce your alcohol intake and, if you smoke, quit. You can replace bad habits with healthy new habits.
8. Maintain a healthy weight. Both overweight and yo-yo weight loss puts extra stress on your body. Rather than relying on diet pills and crash fad diets, it’s best to finally get it right once and for all with healthy eating habits, moderate exercise and a good healthy lifestyle.
9. Take quality supplements. Numerous studies show that optimum nutrition levels, higher than the RDA's, can help you to feel better, lose weight, prevent disease and slow down aging – naturally. So add high quality nutritional health supplements to your daily menu.
10. Reduce the stress in you life. Good stress management and stress nutrition can improve both health and happiness. And, as Abe Lincoln said, “Most people are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” So make up your mind to relax, enjoy life and be happy.
A drunk walks into a bar and says to the bartender [with a drunken slur], \'Bartender, buy everyone in the house a drink, pour yourself one, and give me the bill.\'
So, the bartender does just that and hands the man a bill for $157.00.
The drunk says, \'I haven\'t got it.\'
The bartender slaps the guy around a few times then throws him out into the street.
The very next day the same drunk walks into the bar and once again says [with a drunken slur], \'Bartender, buy everyone in the house a drink, pour yourself one, and give me the bill.\'
The bartender looks at the guy and figures to himself that he can\'t possibly be stupid enough to pull the same trick twice, so he gives him the benefit of the doubt, pours a round of drinks for the house, has a drink himself and hands the drunk a bill for $167.00.
The drunk says, \'I haven\'t got it.\'
The bartender can\'t believe it. He picks the guy up, beats the living daylights out of him, then throws him out into the street.
The next day the same drunk walks back into the same bar and says [with a drunken slur], \'Bartender, buy everyone in the house a drink, give me the bill.\'
In disgust, the bartender says, \'What, no drink for me this time?\'
The drunk replies, \'You! No Way! You get too violent when you drink.\'
1. Don’t eat unless you are hungry
If you eat when you are not hungry you risk getting constipation and indigestion. Fermented and undigested food poisons the blood, weakening the organs and makes you susceptible to any of thousands of various acute and chronic diseases.
2. Sleep when you are tired
This means that you should go to bed when your body tells you, and not continue to lie around after you’ve woken up. Sleeping during the day and staying awake at night when you are tired is said to be one of the causes of cancer.
3. Get out of bed before sunrise
Each day has a rhythm - like a wave. If you get up too late, you miss the wave and spend the rest of the day struggling to keep up. If you get up early, the wave is behind you, and carries you through the day.
4. Take a half-bath or shower before meditation, food and sleep
Water has tremendous therapeutic value. By doing a half-bath (splashing cool water on all the limbs plus the face and neck) before meditation, eating and sleeping your body and mind become refreshed and relaxed. Yours activities will be performed at their optimum level, deriving maximum benefit. As far as possible, take a refreshing complete bath at least twice a day, certainly at least once a day. Water temperature should not exceed body temperature.
5. Practice meditation and yoga regularly
Regular meditation and yoga tune the body and mind so that they waste much less energy.
6. Eat raw food and yoghurt
Raw food contains all of its fiber undiminished by cooking , which is so important for maintaining regularity in bowel movements, which should be as many as the number of meals you eat. Yoghurt is an easily digestible complete protein which contains bacteria that aids digestion. Milk products are also good for mental development.
7. Fast at regular intervals
During fasting, the body is not burdened with absorbing and metabolizing nutrition. As your digestive system rests, it shifts into healing and cleansing mode. Thus, during fasting, toxic dead and diseased cells are swept out - a sort of house-cleaning process, which is fundamental for achieving and maintaining good health. Fasting is the best and quickest means to cure most diseases.
8. Engage yourself in physical labor or exercise
Regular exercise strengthens bones, muscles, organs and joints.
9. Drink enough water
Natural-therapy does not speak of needing merely eight glasses daily. Rather it specifies that everyone needs at least three to four liters (12 to 16 glasses) daily. Sick people need four to five liters. Those with skin trouble need even more. But you should not drink too much at a time, except in the very early morning on an empty stomach. And you should drink water between meals, not while you eat.
Saturday, July 4, 2009
• Eat better - Eat fruit with every meal, have a salad with lunch and dinner, order brown rice instead of white, veggie sandwiches instead of a burger, a side salad instead of fries and skip the dessert
• Plan your meals and snacks in advance – This way you'll be able to eat better and eat healthier, no outside temptations when you have food in your bag
• Buy organic - If not, you are including pesticides, growth hormones, artificial flavors and colorings, chemical preservatives and antibiotics in your diet. Yummy!
• Exercise - studies show that even a moderate exercise a few times a week reaps innumerable physical and mental benefits
• Keep your pH levels balanced - proper acid-alkaline balance is the key to good health, but the key is balance. Remember, it is harder for bacteria to thrive in an acidic environment
• Keep you System cleansed - purchase an herbal cleansing product to clean out the toxins you’ve accumulated in your intestines at least once a year. You’ll feel lighter and more energized
• Take a multi-vitamin - no matter how many recommended servings of fruits and vegetables you get a day, your diet is most likely not getting enough vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and other healthful substances
• Cut down on television time - like it or not, this is why people don’t get enough sleep, claim they have no time to exercise, don’t interact more with family and friends and end up overeating
• Drink filtered water - a study has shown that there are 140 unregulated contaminants in drinking water. Also consider a filter for your shower—your skin is like a giant sponge absorbing contaminants
• Get enough sleep - Not getting enough sleep then drinking coffee and snacking to keep your blood sugar and energy up is bad for your well being. Whatever time you need to wake up, subtract 8. That is the time you should go to bed, it is that simple
Here are the three healthy living tips you can use to better your health, increase your happiness, and enjoy life to its fullest:
1. Rest and rejuvenate. Having enough sleep will enables you to work and pursue your passions vigorously. It rejuvenates your body, mind, and attitude.
2. Eat nutritious food. You should put only the best foods in your mouth no matter how much you weigh, what size you wear, or how fit you look in order feel happier and avoid illness. Try to eat raw vegetables and fresh fruits instead of processed foods.
3. Affirm the positive. Having a positive mindset is the key to living a fulfilling life. Like every other healthy living strategy mentioned, being positive all the time (or even most of the time) may take some effort. However, an easy way to incorporate positive thoughts into your everyday life is to use affirmations.