Tuesday, July 7, 2009
10 super healthy living tips
In order to be super healthy, have more natural energy, stay well and live a long fruitful life, you have to develop healthy habits. These healthy eating and healthy living tips can guide your way.
1. Eat more nutritious high fiber foods. Healthy eating requires including plenty of colorful vegetables, fresh fruit, whole grains, beans, raw nuts and seeds and other high fiber foods.
2. Reduce and balance your fat intake. Research shows that it’s best to keep fat calories around 25 to 30% of total calories (the national average is 42%). And the vast majority of the fats you eat should be good healthy essential fatty acids and omega 3 with EPA and DHA.
3. Drink plenty of clean water. 8 glasses of pure drinking water a day supplies you with this essential nutrient that helps you digest your food, transport nutrition and get rid of toxins.
4. Exercise regularly and sensibly. Physical activity builds health and keeps bones strong. But daily walking and light weight training is better than strenuous high-impact exercises.
5. Cut out refined carbohydrates. High glycemic index foods are a nutritional nightmare, causing bursts of energy followed by bouts of fatigue. They take your emotions on a roller coaster ride to end up at depression and irritability. Choose a low glycemic diet instead.
6. Limit your salt intake. Consuming too much sodium throws your minerals off balance, causes excess water retention and possibly high blood pressure. You can get used to less.
7. Eliminate negative habits. Give up excess caffeine and other stimulants, reduce your alcohol intake and, if you smoke, quit. You can replace bad habits with healthy new habits.
8. Maintain a healthy weight. Both overweight and yo-yo weight loss puts extra stress on your body. Rather than relying on diet pills and crash fad diets, it’s best to finally get it right once and for all with healthy eating habits, moderate exercise and a good healthy lifestyle.
9. Take quality supplements. Numerous studies show that optimum nutrition levels, higher than the RDA's, can help you to feel better, lose weight, prevent disease and slow down aging – naturally. So add high quality nutritional health supplements to your daily menu.
10. Reduce the stress in you life. Good stress management and stress nutrition can improve both health and happiness. And, as Abe Lincoln said, “Most people are just about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” So make up your mind to relax, enjoy life and be happy.